Paul currently serves on the board of directors of the Buffalo United Charter School and the West Side Rowing Club. In addition to the State of New York, Paul is admitted to practice in the state and federal courts of Virginia, Maryland and Washington, DC.
Paul resides in Buffalo with his wife and three children.
Areas of Practice
- Business Torts and disputes
- Real estate litigation
- Products liability
- Personal injury
- Maryland, 1995
- Virginia, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1997
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 1998
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, 1998
- District of Columbia, 1999
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, 1999
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York, 2000
- New York, 2001
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 2004
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit, 2005
- State University of New York, Buffalo School of Law, Columbus School of Law, Buffalo, New York
- J.D. – 1995
- State University of New York at Buffalo
- B.A. – 1990
- Major: English
- Major: History
- Matter of Accadia Site Contr., Inc. v. Caruana, 96 AD3d 1630, 2012, 4th Dept.
- Timmons v. Barrett Paving Materials, Inc., 83 AD3d 1473, 2011, 4th Dept.
- Wiggin & Dana, LLP v. City of Buffalo, 41 AD3d 1302, 2007, 4th Dept.
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyer
- Buffalo Legal Elite
Past Employment Positions
- Reed Smith Hazel & Thomas, Falls Church, Virginia, Associate Attorney, 1996 to 2001
- Office of Congressman William L. Paxon, Staff Associate, 1991 to 1992
Pro Bono Activities
- BISON scholarship Fund, 2004 to 2014
- West Side Rowing Club of Buffalo, 2001 to Present